Now that you've traced your ancestors across the Atlantic in English Genealogy 101, it's time to follow them through time in the United Kingdom.
- You want to find information on your English ancestors who lived in England
- You’re unfamiliar with English genealogy resources outside of the United States
- You want to take a family research trip to England but don’t know where you should go
We'll introduce you to the best websites for English records, as well as what repositories and libraries to explore in England. You'll find birth, marriage and death records, newspapers, parish records, cemetery records, national records, prison records and much more in this 4-week course.
English Genealogy 201 will even include tips for translating Old English, as well as understanding the origins and evolution of English surnames.
Can't wait to see you in class!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Where to look online for English records and what you can expect to find on sites such as FindMyPast.UK, British Origins and FREEBMD
- What repositories and libraries to explore in England for on-site research
- Where you can find birth records, death records, marriage records, English newspapers, parish records and more
- How to track the evolution of English surnames
- And much more!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: REQUIREMENTS & SUPPLIES
This course assumes you understand the basic principles of genealogy and have done some research on your family history. If you are relatively new to English Genealogy, we recommend you start with our English Genealogy 101